Allegheny Trailrunners Inc. is proud to present Rock’n The Knob – PA’s Highest Trail Race! The race will offer three courses: a 10K course, a half-marathon and a TOUGH 26-mile mountain marathon course for the more foolish. Mountain Marathon course – 26-Mile Race Description (27.0 miles and 6250+ feet of …
Allegheny Trailrunners Inc. is proud to present Rock’n The Knob – PA’s Highest Trail Race! The race will offer three courses: a 10K course, a half-marathon and a TOUGH 26-mile mountain marathon course for the more foolish.
Mountain Marathon course
– 26-Mile Race Description (27.0 miles and 6250+ feet of CLIMBING and 12,500+ feet of elevation CHANGE.)
– For mountain-goats, the Mountain Marathon course has broken the will of many as you repeatedly attempt to ascend one of the highest peaks in the Central Alleghenies – finishing with 6,000 feet of climbing on your legs.
– Time cut offs: 9 hours to complete the race. 7 hours at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort. The cut-off at 14.2 miles at Raven’s Rest is 5 hours.
– Aid Stations: 6 aid stations at Mile 7, 10.5, 13.8, 18, 20 and 23.
Half Marathon course
We took the marathon course and cut it in half but kept some of the fun and sufferfest in with 3010 feet of climbing on the 13.12 mile course! There are three aid stations and a six 1/2-hour time limit. There are 3 Aid Stations: At Chappelle’s Field (Mile 4.6); At Ravens Rest (Mile 7.2); At Heavens Hairpin (Mile 11.1). Cut-offs: Ravens Rest at 4 hours and Heavens Hairpin at 6 hours and the time limit to finish is 6.5 hours.
By far the most challenging 10K in Pennsylvania (based on average finish times and overall winning times). Two major climbs give you over 1350 feet of climbing. There is one aid station at the base of the first climb called Throat Punch Hill at 2.8 miles.
– At over 3,100 feet above sea level, this is Pennsylvania’s highest race.
– A 10K, half marathon or 26-mile option. Both are more technical (rocky) than our little sister, the Dirty Kiln Trail Race.
– More that 6,450 feet of climbing or 12,750 feet of elevation change in the 26-mile race.
– Lodging packages available at Blue Knob All-Seasons Resort, wake up feet from the start and finish.
– Rock N’ The Knob technical shirts and metal bottle openers for the first few hundred registrants.
– Pint glasses for all finishers and marathon finishers receive a growler
– Post-race food is included with the entry fee.
– Beer from Michelob Ultra and Furrer Beverage