Remember this? You should, because you just read it in the Terms of Service document—we might quiz you on it later. Throughout this document, we may use certain words or phrases, and it is important that you understand the meaning of them. The following is a non-exhaustive list of definitions of words and phrases found in this document:
“RaceRaves” refers to our company, known as “RaceRaves, LLC”; our Site; our Service; a magical hat worn by wizards; or a combination of all or some of the preceding definitions, depending on the context in which the word is used;
“Service” refers to the services that we provide through our Site, including our race information and our Site itself;
“Site” refers to our website, www.raceraves.com;
“User” refers to anyone who uses our Service, including both registered Users and general visitors to our Site;
3. Information Collected
Whenever you visit our Site, we may collect non-identifying information from you, such as your IP address, location based on your IP address, referring URL, browser, operating system, cookie information, and Internet Service Provider. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, additional records from a third party, or Uri Geller-like psychic abilities, this information alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
4. Use of Your Information
We may use your information to:
Enhance or improve User experience, our Site, or our Service.
Geo-target and personalize advertising and content on our Site.
Post information to your profile page.
Send e-mails about our Site or respond to inquiries.
Snitch on you to the NSA and then deny it until some computer nerd exposes us and runs off to Russia.
Perform any other function that we believe in good faith is necessary to protect the security or proper functioning of our Site or Service.
5. Accessing, Editing, and Removing Your Information
Depending on the country in which you reside, you may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update, port, delete, restrict or object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- Users are in most cases able to review, edit or remove the personal information they have provided to us by logging into their account on the Site and editing their account. If you are unable to make the changes you’d like or would like to delete your account, you may contact RaceRaves directly by emailing us at [email protected] Although most changes may occur immediately, information may still be stored in a web browser’s cache. We take no responsibility for stored information in your cache, or in other devices that may store information, and disclaim all liability of such. In addition, we may, from time to time, retain residual information about you in our backup and/or database. Basically the Internet is a big place and we can’t guarantee we can delete every single electron you put into circulation, so please don’t post anything that would make your grandma cry.
- The right to complain to a data protection authority about the collection and use of Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection law.
Please note that all or some of the cookies used on our Site may be accessible to third parties. Additionally, RaceRaves uses Google AdSense, which uses the DoubleClick cookie. For more information about the DoubleClick cookie including how to opt out of its use, please visit https://www.google.ca/policies/technologies/ads/.
7. Third Parties
7.1 Third-Party Websites
RaceRaves or its Users may post links to third-party websites on the Site. These third-party websites are not screened for privacy or security issues by RaceRaves, and you release us from any liability for the conduct of these third-party websites.
7.2 Social Networks
RaceRaves may exchange certain data with third-party social networks using third party APIs. If you wish to limit what these third parties share with us, you must adjust your privacy settings with your accounts at these third parties accordingly.
8. Third Party Access to Your Information
Although you are entering into an Agreement with RaceRaves to disclose your information to us, we do use third-party individuals and organizations to assist us, including contractors, web hosts, ex-cons, and others. Okay, we’re kidding about the ex-cons (we hope) but our point is that we can’t really screen everyone who we subcontract, or who they subcontract.
Throughout the course of our provision of our Service to you, we may delegate our authority to collect, access, use, and disseminate your information. For example, our web host stores the information that you provide us, and we may hire outside contractors to perform maintenance or assist us in securing our website.
9. Release of Your Information for Legal Purposes
At times it may become necessary or desirable to RaceRaves, for legal purposes, to release your information in response to a request from a government agency such as the Five-O, or a private litigant. You agree that we may disclose your information to a third party where we believe, in good faith, that it is desirable to do so for the purposes of a civil action, criminal investigation, or other general legal naughtiness. In the event that we receive a subpoena affecting your privacy, we may elect to notify you to give you an opportunity to file a motion to quash the subpoena, or we may attempt to quash it ourselves, but we are not obligated to do either. We may also proactively report you, and release your information to, third parties where we believe that it is prudent to do so for legal reasons, such as our belief that you have engaged in fraudulent activities. You release us from any damages that may arise from or relate to the release of your information to a request from law enforcement agencies or private litigants, including but not limited to damage to any glass objects in your house that SWAT teams may break intentionally and unnecessarily to be totally badass.
10. Commercial and Non-Commercial Communications
11. Security Measures
We take certain measures to enhance the security of our Site and Service, including using SSL certificates and radioactive zombies chained to our server hardware. However, we make no representations as to the security or privacy of your information. It is in our interest to keep our website secure, but we recommend that you use anti-virus software, firewalls, and other precautions to protect yourself from security threats.
12. Your California Online Privacy Rights
13. International Transfer