My Profile

@bbergenstock

Newport News, VA Raving since 2020 Active 2 years, 10 months ago

About Me

  • Running club(s):
  • Rave race:

    brandy bergenstock

  • Race that's calling my name:

    Athens marathon

  • I run because:

    I enjoy the freedom of the movement. It makes me feel like a kid again.

My Races

Organize, track & review your races and personal bests here.

50 States Map
image/svg+xml FL TX NM AZ AK CA NV UT CO OR WA ID HI OK MT WY ND SD NE KS MN IA MO AR LA MS AL GA SC IL WI MI IN OH TN KY NC WV VA PA NY ME VT NH RI CT NJ DE MD MA DC

Half Marathon

Marathon

Ultramarathon

(Marathon or Ultra) + Half

Marathon + Ultra

Other

Future Races

Personal Bests (1)

Race Distance Location Date Result
8K Newport News, VA Mar 1, 2020 40:02

Future Races (0)

Race Distance Location Date Paid

Past Races (1)

Race Distance Location Date Result My Raves My Performance
8K Newport News, VA Mar 1, 2020 40:02

My Raves

On the 8k, there are two decent hills/overpasses to start you off, but that's the biggest challenge, and both are out of the way by the first 1/2 mile. After … MORE

On the 8k, there are two decent hills/overpasses to start you off, but that’s the biggest challenge, and both are out of the way by the first 1/2 mile. After that, it’s all flat, or even slight down hills. Course is well marked, has cops guarding all the roads for traffic. 2 aid stations both at great places. Huge area to run/pass in for 90% of the race. Nothing worse than bottle necking, and the other 10% is just 1 lane instead of 3 or 4 road lanes.
My favorite part of any J&A race is always the post event. Good food, great beer, massages!! OMG! The masseuses are magical. Don’t forget to stretch out in the yoga area and use foam rollers they provide after you run hard.

DIFFICULTY
2
PRODUCTION
5
SCENERY
2
SWAG
5

Was this review helpful?