Welcome back! As our THANK YOU for participating in this year’s March Lunacy tournament, from now thru Sunday, April 28 we’re giving new RaceRaves members a chance to win one of two very cool prizes:
- Grand Prize (winner’s choice): One free entry to any race-day event hosted by our two tournament finalists (Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon or Hatfield McCoy Marathon) OR a $50 gift card to RunningWarehouse.com
- Second Prize (winner’s choice): One free entry to the event not chosen by our Grand Prize winner OR a $25 gift card to RunningWarehouse.com
To qualify for our giveaway, follow two simple steps:
- sign up for a free RaceRaves account, and
- add to your member profile (i.e. Staging Area page) two past races you’ve run and two future races you’ve registered for or want to run — choose from over 10,000 races of all distances around the world
Then improve your odds of winning with each race review you post!
Why join RaceRaves? Think of us as your “TripAdvisor for races”, a go-to resource where runners of all levels can:
- Track past & future races, including finish times and personal bests, and visualize your progress on your own smart 50 States Map
- Rate & review races (with photos, videos & blog reports) to help other runners and race directors
- Connect with supportive, like-minded members of our race-focused community
With so many events to choose from, RaceRaves is all about helping runners discover the best races and run the world.
Feel free to contact us with any questions. Good luck, and thanks for getting to know RaceRaves, the most trusted resource to discover, track & review all your races!
(ICYMI, our 2019 March Lunacy tournament wrapup is here.)
HOW IT WORKS: To qualify for and be automatically entered into our random drawing, non-members must 1) sign up for a free account on RaceRaves.com between Monday, April 15, 2019 and 11:59pm PDT on Sunday, April 28, 2019, and 2) add at least two past races and two future races to their profile (“Staging Area”) page. Races can be added by selecting the “Add a Race” button on the Staging Area (profile) page or the “Add to My Races” button on any race page or search results page. Each review for a timed race submitted by a qualifying member within this time frame will then count as one (1) additional entry into the drawing. To ensure relevance, only reviews for races run since April 30, 2016 are eligible for the drawing. Existing RaceRaves members are ineligible for the drawing — but we love you guys just the same!
On or around April 30, 2019 RaceRaves will randomly select two prize winners and notify them by email. The grand prize winner (first winner chosen at random) will be awarded their choice of prize (free entry to any distance for the 2020 Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon or 2020 Hatfield McCoy Marathon OR a $50 gift card to RunningWarehouse.com), after which the runner-up will be awarded their choice of the remaining race entry OR a $25 gift card to RunningWarehouse.com. If a winner fails to respond and claim their prize by 11:59pm on May 19, 2019, then another winner will be randomly chosen and secure all the glory and spoils therein. Previous winners are not eligible again for a period of one hundred eighty (180) days from the closing date of their winning giveaway period.
Every eligible race review counts as an entry — positive, negative or indifferent. For other runners looking to discover new races and for race directors looking to improve their events, the most important elements of any review are fairness and honesty. Please keep in mind, the more thoughtful & detailed your review, the more helpful it will be to other runners. Naturally your odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
Other RaceRaves articles you’ll enjoy (trust us!):
9 Quick Picks for 2019
Coach Bette: What’s a “real” runner, anyway?
Runners Choice: Best Marathons in the U.S.
The three Rs of post-workout recovery
Best Bets for Boston Marathon Qualifying Races
Introducing your (smart) 50 States Map
Unconventional Races that dare to be different
And for more helpful articles, check out our blog!